Thursday, February 21

Update Goals

School is kicking my butt but it's mostly me.  I have been procrastinating and it's something that I really want to quit doing.  I don't know why I do it, but I have for as long as I can remember.  I did get better in high school my junior and senior years, but even then I would slip.

I've also been thinking about that question that you get asked by bishops/teachers/family/friends/random people on the street.  "Where do you see yourself in ____ years?"  Whenever someone asked me that question, I never had a straight answer.  I didn't know what to say and I didn't know WHERE I wanted to be.  However, I kind of do.  Not exactly, but kind of.

So, here are my {updated} goals for my life for this year:


  • Go to bed before midnight.  I have a really, really bad habit of putting off my homework and then working on it until 3-4 in the morning.  I don't want to be tired all the time, and I think it will help with my weight loss too.  In fact, it's midnight right now and I have tons of homework, and what am I doing?  Blogging.  
  • Weight Loss.  Speaking of weight loss, this is something I really want to work on.  I do really well for a while and then just ruin it, every time.  I really want to quit soda, and one of the things I'm going to try is Mio (water flavoring).  This Mio has caffeine in it.  I know caffeine is bad but I'm already addicted and get horrible withdrawals with killer headaches.  My idea is to drink this Mio because that way, I'm not getting the sugar that soda has, and I can add as little or as much as I want to the water.  So, I'm going to start with as much as I want, and then slowly cut back until it's mostly water.  Eventually I'll be at the point where it's zero caffeine but not yet :)  My goal is to lose 80 lbs by December 31st.  I know this is possible because when I was on the swim team, I lost 80 lbs in about 5 months.  80 lbs is only 8 lbs a month, a very reasonable goal.  If I follow my calorie intake goals and  my exercise goals, I will probably lose more than that.  However, I need to follow them.  I also want to start swimming again, at least one day a week.
  • Write in my "self confidence" journal every day or week.  Probably every week.  When I was writing in my journal, I noticed my self confidence shoot up.  I found something online that suggested this to boost your self confidence, and I made a journal.  I was doing really well but, like my regular journal, it got forgotten.  I want to try and do this at least once a week.  It's not hard or even time consuming, I just have to remember to do it.  I just have to write something good that happened to me or make a list of things I like about myself, or a compliment I received.  It really helps to look back at those, and also to remember them as you write them down.
  • Get my driver's license by April.  I really want to get my driver's license by April.  The reason I am doing it by April is because I took my written test not long ago and they told me that my scores are good until then.  I don't mind taking the test again, but it would be nice not to have to.  I don't feel confident enough yet, but I am definitely getting there.  Don't worry, I'll warn you when I'm on the road ;)
That's about it I guess.  Oh, and for the "I want to be ________ in _________ years" I still haven't decided that.  But in 10 years I definitely want to be driving, feel good about my weight and myself, and either have my graduate degree or working on it.  :)

~*Liz*~

1 comment:

Jessie said...

All great goals! I love that you set deadlines for yourself! That always helps me :)