Hi all!
This summer flew by. I mean, seriously, there's only about 3 weeks left of summer left and then...it's over and I have school again. Crazy. And again, like last summer, I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. But that's okay. :) I'm excited for my high school reunion on Saturday, and then my mom's family reunion at the end of this month and then...COMIC CON!
So it was (and will be) a good summer, even though a few of those things happen after school starts.
I have a lot of goals that I want to accomplish and I know they will make my life happier, easier, and less stressful. I know that it was a super hard semester with the death of my friend and a couple of classes that I struggled with, but I know I can turn this back around. :)
One of my goals is to get serious about eating healthy and exercising. I am excited to do this next week because our work is again having a contest, and they are basing on healthy habits as well as the most weight lost. This encouraged me to do better last time, so I really want to do! I want to drink more water, eat more veggies and fruit, and exercise at least 20 mins a day, even if it's just a walk at first. This would be an awesome habit. I noticed that when I was exercising, my stress level was down. I just need to remember that :)
I also want to improve my spirituality by praying and reading every day. I don't know why I struggle with this, but it's something that has been bugging me. I know that life will be better with daily prayer and scripture study :)
Another goal is when school starts. I want to limit my time on Facebook and other non-school related sites to an hour or less. That will be my "break" but I can't let myself get distracted and spend hours and get behind on my school work.
Related to this is to get my homework done early. I want to get it done as early as possible. If I have a project due at the end of the semester, instead of doing it the night before, I want to do it throughout the semester, and have it done way before the end. Obviously I can't always complete them before I have all the information, but as much done as early as possible is my biggest goal. :) Another goal is do my reading early.
I also want to sleep more and get restful sleep. Sometimes I do get 8-10 hours of sleep but I don't go to bed until after midnight and then I sleep until 10. I don't like that and I know it's not a "restful" sleep. So, my goal is to go to bed as early as possible, before 10, and then getting up early so I can get stuff done. I hate rushing. If I have to be at school at 9 and I wake up at 8, I hate that! Getting up at 6 or 7 so I can take my time but also so I can walk or jog in the morning too (while it's warm).
I'm sure I have more goals, but these are my top ones and the ones I can think of right now :) I am nervous but I also feel ready to start the semester. I am excited to take the classes I chose and to get closer to my dream :)

No comments:
Post a Comment