Wednesday, January 8

I can do hard things!

I have heard a phrase from many people over and over again that has stuck with me and helped me so much.

"You can do hard things."

This is a small and simple phrase, yet holds so much meaning.  It means that I am loved, supported, and above all, it means that so many people believe in me.

So why is it so hard to believe in myself?

Adding another thing to my January goals.  I'm going to post something where I can see it every morning.  It will say 'I am confident in my ability to handle whatever will come up today.'  I know that if I repeat this every morning, eventually I'll come to believe it every morning!  :)

I also one day want to get a plaque or sign for my room that says "I can handle hard things" so I can remember those that encourage me and believe in me.  I know this semester is going to be hard but I know I can handle it, if I just take it one day at a time.

Here are my classes for this semester:

* Gender Psychology
* Abnormal Psychology (senior level and service learning! eek! :) )
* Yoga (yay)
* Interpersonal Communication
* Humanities (not sure why, but why not :P)
* Teachings of the Living Prophets (I loved it so much last semester I decided to take it again! :) )

So a whole lot of work and projects and volunteering hours, but I think it'll be worth it, and I'll learn a lot and I think I'll like what I am learning :)

Wish me luck,



No comments: